Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm-2.2.0

On Saturday 15 February 2003 1:19 am, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 16:25, Chris Vine wrote:
> > As a follow-up, I can reproduce the same problem with the "helloworld"
> > example in gtkmm-2.2.0/examples/book/helloworld if, instead of using the
> > Makefile, I compile "helloworld" with:
> >
> > g++ -o helloworld helloworld.cc main.cc `pkg-config --cflags --libs
> > gtkmm-2.0`
>
> So what does that command do that's different to what the makefile does?
> You should be able to see the command line that the makefile uses.

It was to do with the ordering of the loading of the libraries.  I discovered
that I had an old version of pango-1.0 in /usr/lib which was sometimes being
loaded ahead of pango-1.2 in /opt/gnome-2-2/lib.  It's annoying, because I
always try and keep the gnome-2 stuff out of /usr/lib to avoid this kind of
thing.  Anyway, once cleaned out it works fine.

Chris.