RE: [gtkmm] Wrapping a label when it exceeds width of parent?

> Thanks a lot, I tried but
>
> 1) TextViews are WAY too slow. I have about 500 textviews in the
> scrolledwindows. Creation takes forever, and hiding one of
> them cascades
> redraw of all the others.

Yikes. I hope that a TreeView can help you here.

> 2) TextViews cannot be completely hidden... they leave a blank space.

When you use the hide() method? That can't be right, and I'd like to see a
test case.

> 3) it seems that TextViews don't wrap at all if they are
> packed inside a
> ToggleButton.

They should wrap, but I wouldn't create one for something as small as a
ToggleButton label.

> So I'll have to do that myself.
>
> I still need the answers to my questions...

I suggest that you ask on gtk-list as well.

murrayc usa net