Re: [gtkmm] libglademm

Murray Cumming Comneon com writes:

> > From: J. Teubel [mailto:adastra inbev de]
> > > Hey all,
> > >
> > > Can someone give me an example of a well-written, well-documented
> > > application written using libglademm?
> >
> > Have a look at this posting by Ole Laursen:
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemm-list/2003-March/msg00024.html
> >
> > His posting and his game "Monster Masher" (which is fun to
> > play!) helped me a
> > lot. Thanks, Ole!

You're welcome. That reminds me that I promised to write something up
at some point. Hm. BTW, could I ask you to test the 1.0 tarball I've
released now? I'm just about to write the announcement to
gnome-announce and Freshmeat, but I really don't feel comfortable
doing that without having someone test that it is installable at all.

> Note that I'm not a fan of the technique used there, such as
>   " class PreferencesWindow: public SigC::Object, noncopyable "
> I prefer to derive rather than aggregate.

I think the difference between Murray's and my opinion is that Murray
consider the classes you create for each window as actually being the
windows themselves, whereas I like to think of them as separate
controller classes, each of which keeps track of a number of widgets
(i.e. a Gtk::Window and what is inside it).

One benefit of my approach is that you have explicit control over the
interface of each class. So you know exactly what you get. A
disadvantage is that you have to forward one or two methods.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/