[gtkmm] Table packing problem

Hi all

I'm having a weird problem with tables and gtkmm2. I
have a table which contains three buttons. Sometimes
when I pack this table inside another table, one of
two things happen:

1. The table with buttons is left justified in its
cell in the outer table.
2. The button labels become left justified inside the
buttons.

I have tried to create a simple test case of this, but
so far my attempts have failed. It only happens with
my actual application (which is quite large). This is
especially confusing because from my experience
everything in GTK seems to be centered unless
specifically told otherwise.

Anyone have ideas what could be causing this? I run
Debian testing and build the GUI code by hand. I tried
to recreate the problem with Glade too, but it didn't work.