Re: [gtkmm] IOCondition holds illegal values

Am 24.09.2002 20:30 schrieb(en) Eric Buddington:
On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 09:12:44PM +0300, Tassos Bassoukos wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Eric Buddington wrote:
>
> > In the case of a file descriptor that is a pipe to a dead child, I am
> > getting values '20' and '12', which match none of IO_IN, IO_OUT,
> > IO_PRI, IO_ERR, IO_HUP, or IO_NVAL.
>
> Glib::IOCondition is a set of ORed flags, you have to check for
individual
> flags by ANDing with the value. The values you are getting are
equivalent
> to (IO_OUT | IO_HUP) and (IO_OUT | IO_ERR) respectively.

Great - thanks for that fast answer.

Now - is this sort of thing documented in the gtkmm code, or the
underlying gtk code? If I can figure it out, I'm inclined to
contribute a doc patch or two.

Everything _should_ be documented in the gtkmm2 docs. However,
compared to the amount of work that has gone into coding, our documentation
effort has been rather poor, I'm afraid. Please, if you read some reference
documentation and you find that it is incomplete or unclear, file a bug
report at bugzilla ("documentation" build an own category of bugs).
And if you feel like it, attach a patch that improves the documentation.

Regards,

  Martin