Re: [gtkmm] IOCondition holds illegal values

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Eric Buddington wrote:

> gtkmm-1.3.21.
>
> My callback function tests for all six enumerations for
> Glib::IOCondition.
>
> In the case of a file descriptor that is a pipe to a dead child, I am
> getting values '20' and '12', which match none of IO_IN, IO_OUT,
> IO_PRI, IO_ERR, IO_HUP, or IO_NVAL.
>
> I assume this is an error in the underlying libraries.... ?
>
> -Eric

No.

Glib::IOCondition is a set of ORed flags, you have to check for individual
flags by ANDing with the value. The values you are getting are equivalent
to (IO_OUT | IO_HUP) and (IO_OUT | IO_ERR) respectively.

Note that Glib::IOCondition has the operator{&,|,~}s.

HTH,
Tassos

--
Bassoukos Tassos   +30 31 996011 / +30 93 7109954       IT Generalist

Unix:        Your gun, Your bullet, Your foot, Your choice.
M$-CE/ME/NT: Same as Unix, BUT: No choice, and We Aim Higher.