[gtkmm] Using gtkmm and ACE together

Hi,
I'm wanting to use the Adaptive Communication Environment (ACE) library
(http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html) together with gtkmm.  The
problem is combining the event loops of these two systems.

Has anybody tried to write a Reactor class for ACE that works with gtkmm (or
even with gtk)?  There are Reactors available for Qt and Xt among others,
eg:
http://doc.ece.uci.edu/Doxygen/Current/html/ace/classACE__QtReactor.html

Searching around I've located a couple of similar queries back a year or two
ago, but couldn't find any responses to them.  I'll try posting on the ACE
mail group next, and then perhaps gtk, but thought I'd start here.

thanks in advance,
Dan