[gtkmm] Big lifetime bug fixed.

"Robert J. Hansen" <rjhansen inav net> wrote:
[snip]
> .. When compiling the above code (Mandrake 9 box, GCC 3.2) with -Wall
> -W, I get no complaints whatsoever.  When I execute the code, the widget
> appears fine and dandy; but when I close the window, I get a segfault.
>
> Replacing the Gtk::HBox with a Gtk::HBox* (either manually handled or
> handed off to manage()) removes the problem.

Thanks very much for the test code. I have now fixed this - It happened with
on-stack child widgets that don't derive from Gtk::Container. It was a just  a
silly cut-and-paste typo error. This fixes at least 2 other known bugs. I know
I'm relieved.

2002-10-21  Murray Cumming  <murrayc usa net>

	* Gtk::Container_Class:destroy_callback(): dynamic_cast<> child
	widgets to Widget*, instead of Container*, of course. This seems to fix
	lots of lifetime bugs.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net