Re: [[gtkmm] Accessing a sigC++ signal]

Wow. Bummer. I don't know what to say. I certainly can't complain,
because I wasn't around to give input as to the direction that gtkmm 1.3
should take. Unfortunately, my entire code revolves around sending
signals everywhere.

I've got a custom color dialog and when you select a color from within a
drawing area, it then emits a signal that the sliders and other widgets
receive and then update themselves. Also when a slider is updated, the
drawing area is signalled to update as well. Other widgets are the same
way. I came to gtkmm because I like C++ over C, but I stayed because of
the ease with which you can subclass a widget to create your own widget
and the power in libsigc++. I emit signals, I connect signals to other
signals, I bind all kinds of extra data to callbacks, etc. To me,
emitting signals is not only not rarely necessary, it is essential.

Well, with that said, I must ask what is the "Right" way to do these
things? I guess I'll have to reluctantly rewrite my program (again!) so
I might as well do it correctly this time.

Thanks for your time.

--
MACINTOSH = Machine Always Crashes If Not The Operating System Hangs
"Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code."