Re: [gtkmm] Pango problem on win32

Hi Jussi

At 04:53 AM 11/17/2002 -0800, Jussi Pakkanen wrote:
Hi

I got a problem with the win32 version of gtkmm and
Pango. Using Cedric's binaries and mingw2 I managed to
compile and link my program on Windows. It even runs,
and shows a window, but no text. I also get the
following error message:

Did you download all required gtk+-2.0 for win32 files from http://www.gimp.org/win32/, extract them in a single directory and add both the %root%/bin and %root%/lib directory to your PATH ? pango-1.0.4-20020928.zip contains a pango.modules file that should work as long as you keep the directory structure (%root%/etc/pango).

I played with pango-querymodules and the various dll
paths and other things, but couldn't get it to work.
Also launching the program is very slow and takes
enormous amounts of memory, easily 50-100 megs,
without actually doing anything. Opening more windows
makes the program gobble all available memory and
crash. The program runs without problems on Linux.

The demo program from gtkmm-2.0.1/demos/gtk-demo uses 10Mb of memory on my machine (with unstripped DLLs).

Cedric