[gtkmm] Pango problem on win32

Hi

I got a problem with the win32 version of gtkmm and
Pango. Using Cedric's binaries and mingw2 I managed to
compile and link my program on Windows. It even runs,
and shows a window, but no text. I also get the
following error message:

** (prog:1240): WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically
loaded modules
were found. Pango will not work correctly. This
probably means
there was an error in the creation of:
  'D:\prog\etc\pango\pango.modules'
You may be able to recreate this file by running
pango-querymodules.

I played with pango-querymodules and the various dll
paths and other things, but couldn't get it to work.
Also launching the program is very slow and takes
enormous amounts of memory, easily 50-100 megs,
without actually doing anything. Opening more windows
makes the program gobble all available memory and
crash. The program runs without problems on Linux.

How can I fix this and get my program running properly?