[gtkmm] Compilation installation & programming

Well, I've gone through the last few days email about installation
problems and can definitely confirm that Daniels a solution works in order
to get it to compile...

> a) Configure libsigc++-1.2 with the same prefix as pkg-config, i.e.
>    ./configure --prefix=/usr.

It looks like sigc++ has a installer that creates everything within the
catalog you're compiling in instead of installing in the rest of the
system.  Anyhow...  I managed to get it to compile..and with Daniel's b
solution I managed to get the tutorial simple.cc to compile. (However, I
would have rather NOT have to had set the env variable..I was hoping that
the installer would put the .pc in the correct dir.)

> b) Set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable.  For your system,
>    export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig"
>    seems appropriate.  Best to add this to .profile or .bashrc or
>    whatever.

However...when running the program I get the following error...

>./simple: error while loading shared libraries: libgtkmm-2.0.so.1: cannot
>open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any ideas?  I didn't get ANY errors while installing...

/Jill