RE: [gtkmm] Talk about a major rewrite

I'm also beginning to use gtkmm.. I already used gtk+ 1.2 and i liked it
very much... I made some projects in c++ using gtk+, and they worked
VERY good.. BTW some code that has been adapted to c++ are a wrapper to
C libraries, and they work fine, so i don't think that we should
consider that gtkmm is a problem because it is a wrapper.

> nothing but cruft. I have tried using Qt and found it lacking in functionality
> and elegance.

before I though to use gtk+, i looked at the QT API, and I didn't find
it nothing very good... the PRO of QT was Object Oriented, but it had
the problem of moc..

I only found one problem with gtk 1.2, it was the quality of the
documentation, sometimes i wanted to do something but i didn't know what
function to use, because the function didn't have any comments.. so i
had to check the gnome "packages" and see how they did it..

I gave a glance to the gtk+/mm 2 documentation and it seems better, but
there are some points not very explained very well (like the use of
models to construct lists/trees.. and how to add rows and so on.. it's a
little "messy"..

The other thing that i didn't understand very well is the use of
Glib::RefPtr class.. I looks like it complicated the API, did you choose
to follow this path or is it a gtk+ heritage?

I just have 1 questions about gtkmm:
1ยบ why did you choose to implement gtkmm with the passing of objects and
not pointers? (no big deal, just curiosity..)

Afonso