RE: [gtkmm] Talk about a major rewrite

	As someone only beginning to USE gtkmm I find the design goals
incredibly straightforward and well-reasoned. I believe this entire thread is
nothing but cruft. I have tried using Qt and found it lacking in functionality
and elegance. So far, my exposure to Gtk+, Gnome, GtkMM, and GnomeMM has been
nothing but satisfactory.

	I agree that the C-OO model is somewhat inelegant, but, I believe that
elegance is not the only goal at stake. As has been pointed out NUMEROUS
times, the strength of the Gtk/Gnome API is that it is *easily* (Murray et.
al. I'm sure would use this term loosely ;-) wrapped in alternative language
bindings.

	I believe that anyone who takes even a moment to consider these issues
would only have gracious praise for the efforts of the
Gtk+/Gnome/GtkMM/GnomeMM developers.

	I for one would just like to say thanks. Someday, I hope to be at a
competent enought level with GtkMM to contribute something worthwhile back to
the community.