Re: [gtkmm] a few questions( screen-refreshing, colors, character-width )

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 16:28, Paul Davis wrote:
> >> 1 - How can i update( refresh ) the screen? after eg. a thread changes
> >> the content of a label, i first have to focus the widget before anything
> >> wil happen.
>
> i hope you're using thread-safe techniques to do this. and yes, if you
> change it from the non-main-loop thread, you will need to call

No, in my application threads are inevitable, so these changes are
indeed set by a thread.The problem is, that i've tried queue_draw()
before and it didn't work :(

You're talking about connecting the main thread to the other ones trough
a FIFO, how is this done? do you have sample-code?

thnx, for de "color-url" too!

bart