Re: [gtkmm] a few questions( screen-refreshing, colors, character-width )

>> 1 - How can i update( refresh ) the screen? after eg. a thread changes
>> the content of a label, i first have to focus the widget before anything
>> wil happen.

i hope you're using thread-safe techniques to do this. and yes, if you
change it from the non-main-loop thread, you will need to call
queue_draw() on the widget, again in a thread-safe fashion. as
mentioned lots and lots of times before, i don't like this
approach, and instead i make sure that all my GUI operations are done
by one thread, connected to other threads by a FIFO used to send
requests.

>> 2 - Is it possible to change the "backgroundcolor" from my application?
>> ( and other widgets of course ) And yes, how is it performed?

many people, myself included, consider any hard coding of colors
inside the application to be a mistake. instead, use an RC file. this:

   http://pobox.com/~hp/gtk-colors.htm

explains both ways.

>> 3 - In my treeview some characters take more space then others. For
>> example, a 'w' takes twice the space of a 't'. This makes it very
>> difficult to align te text.
>> Is there a setting, so that every character wil take the same space?

no idea. haven't ventured into gtk+2/gtkmm2 yet.

--p