[gtkmm] Glib::Date class

Hi,

I am trying to learn some Gtk programming and to refresh my C++
knowledge having done a lot of Java until now so please apologize me for
the basic question(s).

I would like to write a small application where I have to deal with
dates, therefore I though to use the Glib::Date class. I had a look and
the Gtk documentation on the web, updated for libgtkmm 2.0 though on my
system I have libgtkmm 1.2 so maybe I am missing something. Does the
Glib::Date class exist in libgtkmm 1.2?

In the case there is, I can't compile even a simple program like the
following:

--- date.cc ---

#include <glib--.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
	Glib::Date date;
	return 0;
}

--- date.cc ---

g++ complains with this message:

date.cc: In function `int main(int, char **)':
date.cc:4: `Glib' undeclared (first use this function)
date.cc:4: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
date.cc:4: for each function it appears in.)
date.cc:4: parse error before `::'

Somebody could please suggest me what's wrong? Thanks in advance.

--
Fabrizio Lippolis <f.lippolis.libero.it>
GPG key @ http://digilander.iol.it/flippolis/flippolis.asc