Re: [gtkmm] The TreeView blues..

Am Die, 2002-12-03 um 23.19 schrieb Kjell Irgens:

> I have a multiselect TreeView which looks simular to this when the first
> entry is expanded:
>
> V  Parent text 1
>     Child text 1
>     Child text 2
> |> Parent text 2
> |> Parent text 3
>
> If I select one of the parent rows, I want all the child nodes under this
> to be selected automatically.  This now works if the parent row already is
> expanded, otherwise not.  The problem is that if I expand the parent row, all
> the children under that row appear as deselected.
>
> Also, if I unexpand a parent row where there are selected children, these
> seem to be unselected automatically.  This is not what I expected  would
> happen, can it be avoided?

No.  That's intented behaviour.  (hint: accessibility -- the current
selection should always be clearly visible)

As I understand it, you probably want to handle rows with subnodes as a
whole (like e.g. copying a directory).  That's OK, and should be easy
enough to handle programatically.

> I would also like to have a popup menu when I press e.g. mouse button 3 over
> a row.  I can make this work by following the description in
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/2002-November/msg00146.html
> But I need to know the row over which the mouse button was clicked, can this
> information be found somehow?

See Gtk::TreeView::get_path_at_pos() (you need to pass the coordinates
from the event struct to this method).

--Daniel