[gtkmm] The TextView blues..

Hello everybody,

I am trying to use TextModel/TextView, but I am having some problems.  I
have read through the documentation and the postings here the last 6 months
without finding the answers I wanted.  I hope someone can help me.

I have a multiselect TreeView which looks simular to this when the first
entry is expanded:

V  Parent text 1
    Child text 1
    Child text 2
|> Parent text 2
|> Parent text 3

If I select one of the parent rows, I want all the child nodes under this
to be selected automatically.  This now works if the parent row already is
expanded, otherwise not.  The problem is that if I expand the parent row, all
the children under that row appear as deselected.

Also, if I unexpand a parent row where there are selected children, these
seem to be unselected automatically.  This is not what I expected  would
happen, can it be avoided?

I would also like to have a popup menu when I press e.g. mouse button 3 over
a row.  I can make this work by following the description in
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/2002-November/msg00146.html
But I need to know the row over which the mouse button was clicked, can this
information be found somehow?

--
--Kjell