[gtkmm] Anyone using atkmm?

Hi,

atkmm is currently broken in a way that makes it mostly unusable even
for the most common tasks.  This is because all the relevant API of
Atk::Object and Atk::Relation is protected.  (Yes, this is quite
embarassing ;)

It *is* theorhetically possible to use the API by deriving from
Atk::Object and writing forwarding methods to access the protected API.
We'd like to know if anyone did that and has started using atkmm
already, because we have to decide between:

a) Fix the problem by making these methods publically available, without
breaking ABI.

b) Make the methods publically available, but also sort out several
minor glitches like unwrapped method return values, and other use of C
types (mostly enums) in the API.  This would *break* API and ABI.

Personally, I'd like to go for b).  The reasoning is that it isn't
strictly an API/ABI break if the API is inaccessible anyway.

If you disagree on the reasoning, or if you're already using atkmm
somehow, please respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
--Daniel