Re: [GtkGLExt] Fwd: Re: GtkGlExt & GTK3

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:37:15AM +0000, Carlos Pereira wrote:

     To bridge GTK and OpenGL we need the following six functions:

[:snip:]

     With these 6 functions, you can have an unlimited number of
     simultaneous OpenGL graphic areas, sharing pre-compiled lists,
     with all sorts of buffers and lights (exactly as with GtkGLExt).

[:snip:]

     all systems around, would be just a few hundred lines of code...
     that's all that is needed for GTK to support OpenGL... and after
     15 years we are still waiting for this...

I agree.  If it is as good as you say, then what are we complaining about?
Send your patches to the gnome/gtk+ maintainers for inclusion in the
next release.  If they can't or won't include them, release it as a
project in its own right, and let us all enjoy.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3