Re: [GtkGLExt] Ubuntu packages for gtkglext

Neither "make dist" nor  "make distcheck" need to be run as root, nor should
they.  In fact, if you're on remote mounted filesystem, you may get problems
if you try.

The only targets that ever should need to be be run as root (or with sudo) are
"make install" and "make uninstall" (and even they don't if you have specified
--prefix and/or DESTDIR=) If anything else needs root permission, then it's
either a bug in the automake file, or something very wierd with your system.

J'

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:26:02AM +0200, Victor henri wrote:

     Hello Thomas

     >> cp: cannot create regular file `../../gdk/gdkglenumtypes.c':
     >> Permission denied

     >Where do you run 'make dist' from? If you're in a system directory,
     >you'll probably need root permissions; try running 'sudo make dist'. If
     >you're within your home directory, did you checkout the repository with
     >special permissions, such as with sudo?

     As far as I understand 'make distcheck' should be used instead of 'make dist' since it goes much more far
     (http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/autobook/autobook_102.html)

     When I run it as root, I can go further indeed, but 'sudo make distcheck' then fails at some point of the compilation process;
     I send the end of the terminal output in a text document.

     Could you please provide tar.gz archive produced by 'make distcheck'? Consistency in version number seem to be important also;
     will the version number remain 2.99 for now? If yes, are every file named consistently with it?

     Victor