[GtkGLExt] gtkglext-3.0 Status Update #3

Hi,

I pushed the latest changes for the GTK+-3 port into my repository at

  git://github.com/tdz/gtkglext.git

Over the last weeks I changed the library's internal design to resemble
the design of GDK 3. Each of the GL classes (i.e., config, window, and
context) has been split into an interface class and an implementation
class. Users (possibly you) only see the interface, the implementation
is an internal interface of the library. For supporting new interfaces,
such as GLX 1.4, there can now be a distinct set of implementation
classes; while the GLX-1.2-based implementation can stay in place for
older systems.

I also tried to get most of my patches reviewed and into the upstream
repository, but didn't have any luck yet. The original reviewer
disappeared and I haven't found anyone else yet. If you're competent
with GTK+'s internals and/or in a position for reviewing patches that go
into the GNOME repository, please review my changes. If I cannot find
anyone to do this, I possibly request maintainership of gtkglext, or
just push the patches upstream and see if someone complains. ;)

For the next steps, I currently think about re-adding off-screen
rendering, or finally implementing support for GLX 1.4. Also, preparing
the public interface for OpenGL-3 support is on my list.

Best Regards
Thomas

--
GnuPG:          http://tdz.users.sourceforge.net/tdz.asc
Fingerprint:    16FF F599 82F8 E5AA 18C6 5220 D9DA D7D4 4EF1 DF08

jsapigen - A free glue-code generator for Mozilla SpiderMonkey. See
http://jsapigen.sourceforge.net for more information.