Re: [GtkGLExt] Initial port of GtkGLExt to GTK+ 3

Hi,

thanks for trying.

> I tried it on my Debian (testing) machine. Compiling first stopped as it could not link the simple_mixed example as it could not find cairo_set_source_rgb. Is this a Debian or libraries version issue?
> I removed this example from the makefiles and it worked perfectly.

The linker flags and libraries for cairo should be included in the
pkg-config file. Could you send me the output of

  pkg-config --libs gtk+-3.0

please?

> My next test was to build gtkmm against it as I would need this for my application that I like to port to gtk3 (exactly gtkmm 3). However I was to dumb to get the basic build system up and running after I changed it to check for gtkglext 3. The git version is complaining that it needs old versions of libtool and automake.

I guess that probably wouldn't work anyway. I don't know about gtkmm,
but language bindings are implemented via GObject introspection now. The
source code of gtkglext currently misses the necessary annotations. To
be honest, language bindings are currently somewhere near the bottom of
my TODO list. But I'll see what I can do.

Regards
Thomas