Re: [GtkGLExt] Working on GTK 3 support; feedback requested

Mike Paul wrote:
[...]
>> OTOH, everyone using off-screen drawables has probably switched to FBOs,
>> so dropping pixmap support entirely for now might not be that much of a
>> problem.
>
> That's a good point, and I'm tempted to do that; they can always be
> added back later (in a suitable form) if necessary.  I'm reluctant to
> assume that nobody really needs GL pixmap support, though; feedback from
> additional developers would be valuable.

Indeed, FBOs are in my experience both more reliable (always full
hardware support) and easier (cross-platform, part of OpenGL) to use.

I would absolutely agree to drop support for rendering to pixmap. Or, at
least, do not waste too much time on making a perfect solution for them.

Michalis