Re: [GtkGLExt] Working on GTK 3 support; feedback requested

Hi Mike,

I'm currently looking for ways to write an OpenGL application on top of
GTK+ 3. Porting gtkglext looks like the most promising option, and I'm
willing to help you with that. Can I find your patches somewhere?

Regarding the issues with GdkGLPixmap, why not simply let it maintain
its own internal X Pixmap? A GdkGLPixmap would be created with a call
like

  GdkGLPixmap* gdk_gl_pixmap_new(gint width,
                                 gint height,
                                 const int *attrib_list)

The X Pixmap would be queried via

  Pixmap gdk_x11_gl_pixmap_get_pixmap(GdkGLPixmap *gdkpixmap)

Supplying the returned X Pixmap to cairo_xlib_surface_create_for_bitmap
would give the user a cairo context to draw to.

OTOH, everyone using off-screen drawables has probably switched to FBOs,
so dropping pixmap support entirely for now might not be that much of a
problem.

Best regards
Thomas

--
GnuPG:          http://tdz.users.sourceforge.net/tdz.asc
Fingerprint:    16FF F599 82F8 E5AA 18C6 5220 D9DA D7D4 4EF1 DF08

jsapigen - A free glue-code generator for Mozilla SpiderMonkey. See
http://jsapigen.sourceforge.net for more information.