Re: [GtkGLExt] API changes for the next major gtkglext release

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 18:15 +0530, Mukund Sivaraman wrote:

[snip]

> iv. Simply drop the extension wrappers, expecting users to switch to
> GLee/GLEW.  (API breaks, the library becomes lightweight and cleanly
> licensed.) With this option, the library also drops its bulk and
> becomes more appealing to be merged into GTK+.

I favor this.  I think it's the Right Thing, regardless of whether
GtkGLExt ultimately gets folded into GTK+ proper and regardless of
licensing issues.  I don't see that GtkGLExt can do this job
significantly better (for GTK+ apps) than GLee/GLEW.

--
Braden McDaniel <braden endoframe com>