Re: [GtkGLExt] button.cc example is slower than button.c or button.pl

I solved this one  I think. I noticed that the gears example is just as fast on
each one.

So I looked and found that the button example uses timeouts while
the gears uses timers.

I found that if I just speeded up the timeout on the button from 10 seconds
to 3 seconds for gtkglextmm it was just as fast as 10 seconds on gtkglext. And
at 1 second it was faster.

So it turns out to be something about how the timout is implemented in gtkmm and
 (perhaps  how it interacts with other concurrent functions that are running.

thanks,