Re: [GtkGLExt] button.cc example is slower than button.c or button.pl

Hi,

Could you try a profiling program to find out where the problem is ? There are too many libraries involved to know where this difference comes from.

Stéphane

Mitchell Laks a écrit :
Hi,
I just noticed that when I run the sample button programs that come with button.cc button.c button.pl

gtkglextmm
gtkglext
Gtk-GLext

the version written for gtkglextmm runs 1/2 as fast as the other two. Why is that?
The jumping doughnut (torus) rotates at 1/2 the speed, ie 15 not 30 revolutions per minute on my workstation with amd64 and nvidia 6600GT graphics card.

are all opengl applications that slow with gtkglextmm? i will try a nehe rotating texture square
next and compare it to the glut version.

Thank you,

mitchell