[GtkGLExt] Expose event not occuring in response to gdk_window_invalidate_rect. Working in Linux. Doesn't on OpenSolaris

Hello.

I believe a problem similar to mine was posted here a few years ago but I was unable to resolve the problem based on the thread I saw.

What I am doing is developing an application that is meant to run on both OpenSolaris and on Linux, both x86. On Linux (Ubuntu Hardy), all is well and calling the invalidation function appears to work as expected, with my expose event being called and therefore, my application's open GL code running to update the screen to reflect the new state of my app.

Problem is the same code on OpenSolaris does not result in the expose event getting called. Yes, it calls it initially so the initial state of the app is drawn. And if I were to resize the window or something like that, certainly it does keep calling the expose event to redraw. But obviously the expose event (or whatever I should be using, if not expose) should be also responsive to application-induced triggers that would cause something to change. But this is not happening.

So we have inconsistent behaviour. But I reckon I am just doing something wrong.

Please help. I have spent days trying to hunt down a solution.

Thanks.