Re: [GtkGLExt] gtkglext-list Digest, Vol 41, Issue 5

    gtkglext-list-request> (fwd) (St?phane Brunet)
    gtkglext-list-request> Hi,
    gtkglext-list-request> I have to disagree with you. By integrating it to
    gtkglext-list-request> Gnome, it will "lock" it to the Gnome desktop in the
    gtkglext-list-request> mind of many people. If they are not using Gnome,
    gtkglext-list-request> they would tend to think that the OpenGL extension is
    gtkglext-list-request> only available on (or working with) a proper
    gtkglext-list-request> installation of Gnome desktop.  Although I am using
    gtkglext-list-request> Linux 90% of my time, I am thinking of Windows and
    gtkglext-list-request> MacOS X users. We need to be sure that the OpenGL
    gtkglext-list-request> extension is easily available on any platform where
    gtkglext-list-request> GTK works.

    gtkglext-list-request> As for Windows, GTK works great. I have been using
    gtkglext-list-request> GIMP and Inkscape on using it on Windows machines
    gtkglext-list-request> without any stability problems.

    Hi,
    I agree with Stephane Brunet, The fact that a gtk/gtkglext application
    can be ported to Win32 without any change is very important for me too.
    See for example:
    http://cermics.enpc.fr/~jpc/scilab/site/Scilab-Gtk/Scilab-Gtk/nsp.png
    where the drakar is obtained through gtkglext. This screenshot is
    obtained from a fast port of a nsp Linux/gtk application.

    Regards
    Jean-Philippe Chancelier