Re: [GtkGLExt] Off-screen pixmap rendering doesn't work

On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 09:54 -0700, cbeau wrote:

> You say that it works fine for you. Are you on a Windows or Linux
> machine? What distribution? What graphics card? Which driver? Are you
> absolutely certain that you have direct rendering enabled on your
> computer. A while back, I thought I did but after running glxinfo, I
> noticed that I didn't and since I fixed that and enabled direct
> rendering on my computer, rendering to the GdkPixmap no longer works.
>
> If there is any additional info I could send you that could help you
> figure out what is wrong, I'd be more than happy to provide you with
> it. This is starting to be a real problem for me and any help will be
> greatly appreciated.

I run gtkglext on a variety of platforms and hardware, including Win32
and Linux.  Since I'm not able to reproduce your problem, it's up to you
to troubleshoot with your configuration.

Since pixmap.c and pixmap-mixed.c both explicitly disable direct
rendering when they create their contexts, I'm skeptical that enabling
it would cause a problem with gtkglext code.  Suggest you try disabling
direct rendering on your server and see if whether the problem continues
or not.  Regardless of the outcome, the next step will be to run the
sample programs in a debugger, like your error message suggests.

Tim