Re: [GtkGLExt] Autoconf macros for detecting OpenGL

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 13:59 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Hi Braden,
>
> On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 04:14 -0500, Braden McDaniel wrote:
> > I've recently updated my Autoconf macros for detecting OpenGL libraries
> > to work on Mac OS X 10.5:
> >
> >   <http://code.google.com/p/autoconf-gl-macros/>
> >
> > I mention this here because I found (in the copy of GtkGLExt that I
> > maintain in my source tree) that Mac OS X 10.5 also posed a challenge
> > for the logic in GtkGLExt's configure script. Indeed, the challenge was
> > such that I found it most convenient simply to use AX_CHECK_GLU there as
> > well. As it happens, a call to AX_CHECK_GLU can replace quite a bit of
> > code in GtkGLExt's configure.in.
>
> As I plan to update and modernize GtkGLExt's auto*configuration[1], I'll
> have a closer look into your macros.

I'll note that there are certain archaic forms (such as libMesaGL) that
I have made no attempt to support. I'm not opposed to including such
support. However, I don't have the means to test such scenarios.

> Should you have further proposals/improvements, I'd be grateful to hear
> them.

In my copy of GtkGLExt, I have made gtkdocize required for
bootstrapping. This facilitated the removal of several gtkdoc-generated
files from revision control. I can put together a patch for this if
you're interested.

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <braden endoframe com>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <braden jabber org>