Re: [GtkGLExt] Rendering multiple vtk actors on a mac.

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 16:28 -0400, Valere R Coffman wrote:
> I'm using pygtkglext with vtk.  I'm having a problem rendering multiple vtk
> actors on a mac.  I only have the problem when using gtkglext to put vtk stuff
> in a gtk window -- I don't have the problem when I just use a regular vtk render
> window without gtk and gtkglext.
>
> My python code renders an image volume using FixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper and
> another actor which is from the CubeSource, mapped with the PolyDataMapper.  On
> the linux system I'm using (xorg version 7.1.0-16) this works fine.  However, on
> a mac (xfree version 4.3), when the cube is added, the image volume disappears.
>  When the cube is removed, the image comes back.  When I run remotely on the
> linux system while displaying on a mac, I also have the disappearing image.
> When running remotely on the mac and displaying on linux, I don't have the
> disappearing image problem.  This leads me to believe that there is some strange
> interaction between vtk and/or gtkglext and the X server on the mac.
>
> Has anybody had any experience with this?  Any ideas?

My first suggestion would be to figure out whether gtkglext is choosing
the same drawable as VTK or not.  I have no idea how you're going to do
that with VTK in Python, perhaps vtkRenderWindow or vtkRenderer have
some introspection methods you can use.

Cheers,
Tim