Re: [GtkGLExt] subwindows for newby

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 22:08 -0700, ivan wrote:

> > > This is more of a GTK than a GtkGLExt question - I think you want to use
> > > multiple GtkDrawingArea widgets for your main window and sub-windows,
> > > and use a GtkFixed widget as the container.  The main issue will be
> > > handling Z-order, which I assume is based on the order in which you add
> > > widgets to GtkFixed.  With GtkFixed you will have to manage the sizes of
> > > your widgets explicitly, e.g: when your main window is resized.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Tim
> > >

> > Hello, I don't think that GtkDrawingArea is recognized by the X-windows
> > manager, I read this somewhere but I could be wrong.
> > Ivan
> Hello All, Please say if these 2 points are correct:
> . There is no widget to which one can add a toplevel window.

Yes.

> 2. Only a top level window can have its own projection matrix..

No.

You may have misunderstood me - I was suggesting that if you wanted to
have multiple OpenGL contexts in multiple overlapping regions of the
screen, you could arrange it like so:

GtkWindow
  GtkFixed
    GtkDrawingArea 1
    GtkDrawingArea 2

If, on the other hand, you just want multiple windows:

GtkWindow 1
  GtkDrawingArea 1

GtkWindow 2
  GtkDrawingArea 2