[GtkGLExt] subwindows for newby

Hello All, in order to achieve the equivalent of glutCreateSubwindow (which
look just like plain rectangles) I think I need to be able to make a
gtk_window without any borders, decorations, etc. How can I do that?
I need to do this because I want the subwindow to have its own projection
matrix (and stack) but to be non-removable and in fact looking just like a
drawing_area. Any suggestions gratefully anticipated.
Ivan