Re: [GtkGLExt] subwindows for newby

On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 17:44 +0100, ivan danicic wrote:
> Hello All, in order to achieve the equivalent of glutCreateSubwindow (which
> look just like plain rectangles) I think I need to be able to make a
> gtk_window without any borders, decorations, etc. How can I do that?
> I need to do this because I want the subwindow to have its own projection
> matrix (and stack) but to be non-removable and in fact looking just like a
> drawing_area. Any suggestions gratefully anticipated.

Ivan:

This is more of a GTK than a GtkGLExt question - I think you want to use
multiple GtkDrawingArea widgets for your main window and sub-windows,
and use a GtkFixed widget as the container.  The main issue will be
handling Z-order, which I assume is based on the order in which you add
widgets to GtkFixed.  With GtkFixed you will have to manage the sizes of
your widgets explicitly, e.g: when your main window is resized.

Cheers,
Tim