Re: [GtkGLExt] update to current version

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 20:12 -0600, Brett Stottlemyer wrote:

> Sorry for the beginner question.  I’m just getting started with GTK
> and OpenGL from Windows XP.  I’ve downloaded and installed
> gtk-win32-devel-2.8.18-rc1.exe as well as gtkmm-devel-2.8.4-2.exe to
> install the libraries and headers for GTK and GTKmm.

> I’ve downloaded both gtkglext-1.2.0.zip and gtkglextmm-1.2.0.zip, but
> have not installed those yet.

> My question related to the gtkglext-examples directory that is created
> by the installation of GTK/GTKmm (not gtkglext).  I thought I saw
> somewhere that this was an older version.  Is there a recommended way
> to install gtkglext-1.2.0 over the older version?  The .zip file
> creates a new directory, so it doesn’t look like the older files in
> the GTK file structure would be overwritten.  Will “make install”
> correct this?

Brett:

gtk-win32 includes gtkglext-1.0.  There are no API differences between
1.0 and 1.2, so I'd just keep life simple and use the 1.0 that's already
there (that is what I use for K-3D on Win32).  I don't use gtkglextmm on
Win32, so I don't know what the build produces there - regardless, it
should build against 1.0 without any trouble.  I'd recommend keeping it
out of your GTK/gtkmm filesystem, and you might encourage the gtkmm
packagers to include gtkglextmm in future releases.

Cheers,
Tim