[GtkGLExt] update to current version

All,

I hope this isn’t a repeat, I don’t think my try to post this yesterday worked….

Sorry for the beginner question.  I’m just getting started with GTK and OpenGL from Windows XP.  I’ve downloaded and installed gtk-win32-devel-2.8.18-rc1.exe as well as gtkmm-devel-2.8.4-2.exe to install the libraries and headers for GTK and GTKmm.

I’ve downloaded both gtkglext-1.2.0.zip and gtkglextmm-1.2.0.zip, but have not installed those yet.

My question related to the gtkglext-examples directory that is created by the installation of GTK/GTKmm (not gtkglext).  I thought I saw somewhere that this was an older version.  Is there a recommended way to install gtkglext-1.2.0 over the older version?  The .zip file creates a new directory, so it doesn’t look like the older files in the GTK file structure would be overwritten.  Will “make install” correct this?

I’m worried I’ll get borked results from having both versions in my include/library paths.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Brett