Re: [GtkGLExt] GtkGLExt 1.2.0 is out ...

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 20:58 -0700, Timothy M. Shead wrote:

... as planned, this is just a bump in the version to "stable". Next, I'll be looking at a GtkGLExtMM 1.2.0 release to get in-sync.

Many thanks for the feedback that I received on GtkGLExt 1.1.0.

Then let me use this opportunity for asking:

What are your development plans for upcoming releases of GtkGLExt?

As an application developer and GtkGLExt user, my main interest is in maintenance. Beyond that, I'm open to suggestion.

2 issues I'd like to see addressed:

1. GtkGLExt's configuration files could need a brush up/cleaned up and
probably should be changed to using newer autotools.

Yes, now that we have a stable release that addresses immediate problems, I'm interested in cleanup as well. Unsurprisingly, I would like to bring the various tools in line with the way I do things for K-3D.

2. IMO, the GLUT-like features in GtkGLExt should be dropped. I never
found them useful.

I assume you're talking about the geometric object rendering. While I agree that these don't necessarily fit in with the mantra of "do one thing well", I think they have value in the example code.

Cheers,
Tim