Re: [GtkGLExt] display lists sharing problem with texturing enabled

Luca Cappa a écrit :

> Hello,
>

> Florent Teichteil wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have too problems with gtkglextmm.
>>
>> 1) The gtkglextmm widget is not invalidated (redrawn) if the size of the
>> gtkglextmm area is too small. I use this instruction (from the
>> gtkglextmm examples): get_window()->invalidate_rect(get_allocation(),
>> false);
>>

> I think you should instead use this code to accomplish that:
>
>    Gdk::Rectangle lRect = get_allocation ();
>    get_window ()->invalidate_rect (Gdk::Rectangle (0, 0,
> lRect.get_width (), lRect.get_height ()),
>        false);

Thanks, it solved the problem !

>> 2) I have multiple gtkglextmm widgets that share the same display lists
>> and textures. In fact, textures are compiled in display lists so that I
>> only call display lists to draw the scene. All work fine, but if I
>> enable texturing and at the time I am switching to the view where the
>> display lists were initialized, I get the following message in the
>> console:
>>
>> Couldn't alloc placeholder sz 40000 ofs 7c0000
>> Memory heap 0x8e11ac0:
>>  Offset:00000000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00040000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00080000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:000c0000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00100000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00140000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00180000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:001c0000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00200000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00240000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00280000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:002c0000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00300000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00340000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00380000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:003c0000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00400000, Size:00400000, U.
>>  Offset:00800000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00840000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00880000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:008c0000, Size:00040000, U.
>>  Offset:00900000, Size:00040000, U.
>> End of memory blocks
>> No segmentation fault happens and the program just goes on. Note that
>>

>> this problem does not occur if I disable texturing.
>>
>> Any ideas ?
>>

> Try using BUGLE to track down the problem. It is hard to say why that
> happen :-)

BUGLE does not compile on my system (Debian unstable) :-(
But the problem lies in the textures size, since it works fine only for
small textures. I think this problem comes from Mesa...

Cheers,
Florent