Re: [GtkGLExt] display lists sharing problem with texturing enabled

Hello,

Florent Teichteil wrote:

Hi,

I have too problems with gtkglextmm.

1) The gtkglextmm widget is not invalidated (redrawn) if the size of the
gtkglextmm area is too small. I use this instruction (from the
gtkglextmm examples): get_window()->invalidate_rect(get_allocation(),
false);

I think you should instead use this code to accomplish that:

   Gdk::Rectangle lRect = get_allocation ();
get_window ()->invalidate_rect (Gdk::Rectangle (0, 0, lRect.get_width (), lRect.get_height ()),
       false);

2) I have multiple gtkglextmm widgets that share the same display lists
and textures. In fact, textures are compiled in display lists so that I
only call display lists to draw the scene. All work fine, but if I
enable texturing and at the time I am switching to the view where the
display lists were initialized, I get the following message in the console:

Couldn't alloc placeholder sz 40000 ofs 7c0000
Memory heap 0x8e11ac0:
 Offset:00000000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00040000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00080000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:000c0000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00100000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00140000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00180000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:001c0000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00200000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00240000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00280000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:002c0000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00300000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00340000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00380000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:003c0000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00400000, Size:00400000, U.
 Offset:00800000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00840000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00880000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:008c0000, Size:00040000, U.
 Offset:00900000, Size:00040000, U.
End of memory blocks
No segmentation fault happens and the program just goes on. Note that
this problem does not occur if I disable texturing.

Any ideas ?
Try using BUGLE to track down the problem. It is hard to say why that happen :-)

Gretings,
Luca