[GtkGLExt] A question about having 2 OpenGL widgets in 1 window

Hi, I am encountering a problem here. I am creating a program that will
have more than 1 widget displaying OpenGL rendering. Right now I have 2
drawing area widgets in 1 window, one for mouse/keyboard interaction
and the other for just plain animation.

The problem is, when I use glReadPixels() to test and select a 3d
object, my program (I think) can't decide which OpenGL widget to read
the pixel from, and the program crashes. So my question is how can I
determine which OpenGL widget to use. I put glReadPixels() inside my
mouse's event callback function.

Also, when I create 2 OpenGL widgets with the same basic configuration
for OpenGL, like both in RGB and double buffering modes, should I
create 2 GtkGlConfig objects, or 1 will suffice?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Jack