[GtkGLExt] Help getting gtkglext running on Win32

Does the binary version of gtkglext support the normal, everyday version of Python, or does it only support Cygwin? I'm trying to get a GTK package running on windows. I currently use gtkglarea, but I haven't been able to get that routine running under windows. Since gtkglext distributes a win32 .exe installer, I was hoping that I could use this instead. However, when I try and run a (python) program that uses gtkglext, I get the error that the program can't find the library in the path (even though I explicitly added the library). When I look at the files, they're all lib-something.dll.a, which looks to me like a cygwin library rather than a normal windows DLL file. I would be grateful for any help that people could offer.

Rick

Rick Muller
rmuller sandia gov