Re: [GtkGLExt] memory leak

On 04.4.6 9:46 PM, "Francesco Sepic" <sepic dimi uniud it> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 09:37, Naofumi Yasufuku wrote:
>> At least, there is no memory leak with pixmap example on my linux box.
>> GLXPixmap resource is correctly destroyed if associated GdkPixmap is
>> destroyed. Try --gdk-gl-debug=all debug option.
>
> You are right. I have a GeForce4 and using NVIDIA binary driver
> everything works correctly.
>
> You can reproduce this memory leak if you uninstall NVIDIA driver. Can
> you confirm this?
>
> Maybe the cause of this problem is a bug in Mesa.
>
> Another question: is there any problem if i install NVIDIA driver after
> gtkglext, or is it better to recompile gtkglext?

No. GtkGLExt only use GLX 1.2 functions directly, and other extension
functions are detected on run-time. XFree86's Mesa implements GLX 1.2, and
NVIDIA driver is binary-compatible with Mesa. So there is no need to
recompile GtkGLExt. GtkGLExt built with Mesa works fine with NVIDIA driver.

Regards,
--Naofumi