[GtkGLExt] Fatal Python error: can't initialize module gtk.gtkgl

I had a disk crash on Monday, and I've had to reinstall everything on my computer. I ran into a problem with gtk.glext. The installation went without a hitch, but when I try to run one of my Python scripts I get the error:

Fatal Python error: can't initialize module gtk.gtkgl

Any hints as to what I'm doing wrong? Like I said, this script was working fine before the crash, and I don't remember doing anything different with the install this time around.

Rick Muller
rmuller sandia gov