[gtkdatabox] how to build gtkdatabox on Windows with MinGW

Hi,

I am looking for a gtk widget for plotting 'live' data from a data acquisition project in a GUI that I plan to design in Glade.  It looks like gtkdatabox would be a good way to do this.

I have been trying to build gtkdatabox-0.9.2.0 (and have tried 0.7.0.1 as well) on Windows 7 using MinGW, from the MSYS shell.  I set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to the directory where the gtk+ pkgconfig scripts are on my system, then I run the configure file.  The script hangs on "checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.8.0 . . .  It looks like the script has tried compiling a program, but the program will not run because it cannot find a dll that it needs - I get a dialog box "conftest.exe - System Error" saying "The program can't start because libgtk-win32-2.0 - 0.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."  After I acknowledge this message, configure continues to run and informs me that the run-time linker may not be finding the library.

For gtk+, I downloaded the most recent version for win32 as the "all-in-one" bundle (2.24.10) that included 3rd party dependencies and developer packages.  I built the libraries and I know I have libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll.  I tried setting the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the location of the dll (.../gtk+/bin on my system) yet it still fails.

If I try to run make, I end up with a long list of undefined reference errors, which also looks like it corresponds with a failure to locate a dll.

The same errors occur when I try to build version 0.7.1.0.  I wonder if I am making some systematic error in trying to build these?  I've tried looking online, and some other users (looks like they are using linux OSs) were facing similar issues because they did not have a 'dev' version of the gtk libraries.  However, as I mentioned above, I got the 'all-in-one' bundle of gtk+ for Windows that states that it includes the dev version.

Any suggestions as to what I could be doing wrong?  Thank you.

Jason