Re: [gtkdatabox] master is now GTK3

On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 17:18:33 +1000
Matt Flax <flatmax flatmax org> wrote:

Hi all,

I have merged master into the GTK2 branch and I have merged
cairo-alpha into master.

If you want GTK2 compliant code, checkout the GTK2 branch.
If you want GTK3 compliant code, checkout master.

In my point of view it's the right step, thanks for making this
conceptual step.

I have successfully run all of the examples in the master (GTK3)
branch... all of the examples are working.

I don't know who maintains the git repository on sourceforge at the
moment. Since, i don't get any comments on my merge request, that fix
some issues on the former `cairo-alpha` branch it would be great if
anybody could test the changes and may merge it into the current master
branch.

If you compile `gtkdatabox` with my `cairo-alpha` HEAD checked out
some of my changes should be obvious. For example:

   - only draw selection if selection_active
   - draw bottom-line of GtkRuler correctly also when
     GTK_ORIENTATION_VERTICAL
   - added databox- and ruler-Widget to background style class

Others aren't so obvious but are nevertheless important to get rid of
deprecated gtk features like:

   - change GdkColor to GdkRGBA
   - migrate GtkTable related code to GtkGrid

And one little speed related fix, that disables anti aliasing.

Thanks in advance for looking at my changes and best regards...

Here are some things I noted whilst I was merging ... these things
need fixing at some point ...

Mouse wheel scrolling is not working in the GTK3 branch ... it wasn't
working in the cairo-alpha branch either when I checked.

I have not spent time on glade or libglade for now - do they use
GTK3 ?

In the code, there are some spots with "WHAT_TO_DO_HERE" and "TODO"
commenting and commenting out code ... these should be addressed at
some point.

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Matt