Re: plot data stream in realtime

Good point. We don't necessarily have to change the number of datapoints but "mute" a certain range at the very beginning of a run. The range is all that seems to be changing. Now the difference (and I'm not sure what the goal is) here is gtkdb pre-bounds the data ahead of time (to a max runlength) which prevents this from running unbound in time.

Should we modify gtkdatabox to have a fifo mode where data is dropped as new data comes in?

I was going to this issue when pointing the use of GArray for the data and add a *_push_point(x,y) method in the graph object. We can use the GArray functionality for growing arrays of points and take the lenght and other data at drawing time, not at creation time. Sounds reasonable? (Maybe add a configurable maximum length or sth)

Regards
Joaquín