yet another gtkl3 patch

Okay, this patch fixes configure.ac for gtk3 instead of gtk2, so you can now just type configure and make and it just works.

I tried also to fix the glade support. The existing glade stuff wouldn't show up correctly in glade-3.12.2 (fedora). I.e., it identifies gtkdatabox is present, but showed only gtkdatabox and not a ruler. By updating the xml file as patched, glade identifies both widgets.

Also, I undid a change in one of my previous patches (commenting out the call to gtk_databox_set_total_limits in gtk_databox_init). With that commented out, I didn't get gtk warnings about adjustments, and all the examples ran fine. But, in my own code I saw a problem where translation_factor_x/y were not being initialized correctly. This led to no plots showing up in a window, because the values were translated to invalid pixels. That is all solved by leaving in the call. I will later have to apply a more definitive fix.

There was a bug in the code to gtk_databox_create_backing_surface which is fixed.

I've begun (barely) to lay the groundwork for switching from GdkColor to GdkRGBA. This will allow alpha values to be applied to drawing operations, which may be useful.

I notice there seems to be a small problem with where the labels are rendered in vertical rulers - they seem to be a little too far away from the major ticks. This needs looking into, and may be related to the switch to cairo rendering.

Sincerely,
--
Amish S. Dave, MD, PhD
a m i s h @ a m i s h d a v e . n e t